Weekly Theme – Praying for the various demographics of Hope Fellowship
Today – children and youth
Scripture – Mark 9:36-37, Luke 18.15-17
Let’s turn our focus today to the crowd at Hope Fellowship that fall into the Crib-Grade 12 category. The children and youth that we hold in our church family are cherished and this generation is on the front lines of being targeted by a very influential and godless culture. We need to pray for them, after all, Jesus made a point of their value as created humans.
Children didn’t have a lot of rights in the first century. Kids were seen and not heard. It’s not that they weren’t loved and cherished by their parents, but the culture as a whole seemed to have more pressing matters to attend to then the well-being of kids. But parents loved, as they should, their children and we see mom and dad were bringing their infants to be blessed by Jesus. The disciples, who likely wouldn’t be asked to serve in the church nursery, tried to chase them away. In their opinion, the Lord had more important things to do.
But Jesus scoops up the kids and uses this as a teachable moment for the disciples and the gathering crowd. He valued kids and blessed them, teaching us to do the same. Let pray for the children and youth of Hope Fellowship, and their friends as well because those friends likely have the most influence in the lives of Hope kids.
Themes to pray over
- ⁃ Pray for our Hope Fellowship children and youth by name
- ⁃ Pray for the friends of our Hope kids (and you likely won’t know their names, but God does)
- ⁃ Pray for salvation, protection, wisdom and courage
- A Prayer For Us All
- Lord God, we praise you that you are fully in control of all things. I pray you would protect our Hope children and youth. Keep them healthy and help them to thrive. I thank you that you know every hair on their head. You know exactly when they rise and when they fall. I pray Lord that each knows You and grows in You. May they understand their need for Jesus in their lives and move toward Him. Amen.
- Journal ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________