January 14, 2022
Theme of Week – Celebrating God’s Character and Provision
Daily Theme – My Salvation
Scripture – John 5:19-24
New life brings joy, excitement and renewed perspective. When more branches are added to your family tree, there is an enthusiasm in the family that possibly hasn’t been there for a while. As those little lives grow and develop, they always seem to put smile on your face and refresh your spirit.
The same thing happens in the life of a church when people make Jesus their Saviour. There is an energy that flows through a community of faith because we celebrate what God is doing and we’re reminded of our own conversion experience. But, there is always a but, that excitement seems to fade as time goes by.
Why have so many of us lost the joy of our salvation? Why have so many of us lost our praise and, instead, walk around sad, depressed, angry, and complaining about the events in our life? How can we experience our joy again?
The Christ-follower who has forgotten the poor shape he was in before salvation will often lose his worship. It is the gravity of how bad our situation was, that makes our salvation so great. If a person saves you from making a mistake on your taxes, that’s great; but if they save your life, then there will be a greater thankfulness.
Many have lost the joy of their salvation because they have forgotten how much God has saved them from. Consequently, not only are they often lacking joy but are also prone to bitterness and complaining over things that happen in life. This happens because they forgot how bad their situation previously was and how gracious our Father has been to us.
Themes to Pray About
- – Ask God to remind you of your life before knowing Him
- – Thank God for His plan of salvation and how it’s changed your life now
- – Pray that the Holy Spirit renews your salvation joy
- A prayer of thankfulness for our salvation
- O Lord, thank You for Your Son Jesus Christ our Saviour and for the salvation that we have received through trusting in His death on the cross and His resurrection. Thank You, that He was sent to pay the price for my sins and the sins of the whole world. Lord, I simply want to live in Him and be rooted in Him. I pray that I may grow in grace, mature in the faith and to find my strength in Him. I pray that I may live my life in a manner that glorifies You. I just thank You, Father, for Your amazing gift of salvation, and I pray that my joy in You will speak to the hearts of others.Amen.
- Question of the day
- When was the last time you were truly joyous because of the work of God in your life?
- Additional Resources
- 7 Ways to restore the joy of your salvation https://www.bibletruths.org/7-ways-restore-joy-of-your-salvation/