Step Three: Considering the Christian Message
We take a moment to think about the consequences of the choices we make and the impact they have on our lives. We think about how we can change and grow. We start to see that there could be a way to make changes for the better – maybe through personal development or new perspectives. Within Christianity, personal transformation often involves a spiritual journey.
The Bible teaches that through faith in Jesus Christ, we can experience a profound inner change guided by God’s grace and the power of the Holy Spirit. We consider the possibility of surrendering our lives to God and putting our trust in Christ. This is not a one-time reflection. This is an ongoing surrender to Christ for more personal transformation.
Jesus’ sacrifice of dying on the cross is considered sufficient for the redemption of all humanity, but it is effective only for those who accept it. Through faith and repentance, individuals can receive God’s grace, embark on a lifelong journey of spiritual transformation, and look forward to eternal life. In summary, Jesus had to die for the sins of humanity to reconcile us with a holy and just God. His sacrifice fulfills the requirements of God’s justice, provides a means for humanity’s redemption, and demonstrates the unfathomable depths of God’s love. Through faith in Jesus Christ, we receive the gift of eternal life.
Reflect on the teachings and example of Jesus Christ. Consider the following questions:
- What do you find most compelling about the teachings of Jesus?
- How could the message of Christianity impact your daily life?
- What reservations or questions do you have about the Christian message?
Share your thoughts with your group or accountability partner. Discuss the impact of the Christian message on your life and any questions or concerns you may have.
- Dedicate time to study the teachings of Jesus in the Gospels.
- Consider how the Christian message aligns with your values and aspirations.
- Engage in conversations with others to explore different perspectives on the Christian message.
Next, we’ll delve into Step 4: Making the Decision to Follow Jesus.